Who do I contact to ask for documents?

When you are seeking access to documents, you should start with the website of the agency you think should hold the documents. Some information might already be available to you without requiring an access application under the FOI Act.  If not, contact the agency to discuss your request.

Use the links below to find individual agencies:

Western Australian Government agencies


Local governments

For contact information regarding particular types of records see below:

Police & medical records

Local govt, public sector employment & prisoner records

[PDF Version]

Related information


OIC publications


Is FOI my best option?
Requirements for a valid access application
What documents can I ask for?